In this course you will learn about the shell and tube, and plate type heat exchanger. You will learn about the design, components and categorisations of each common type of heat exchanger. You will also learn about the advantages and disadvantages of each heat exchanger.
By the end of the course you will be able to:
Identify the different types of common heat exchanger.
Know the pros and cons of each heat exchanger type.
Identify single and multi-pass heat exchanger types.
Identify regenerative and non-regenerative heat exchanger systems.
Identify cross, parallel and counter flow designs.
Know the terminology for both the shell and tube, and plate type heat exchanger.
The course is designed to take you from zero to hero concerning heat exchanger knowledge. Even if you already have some background engineering knowledge, this course will serve as an efficient refresher. Whatever your level of understanding, or engineering background (HVAC, chemical engineering, oil & gas industry, marine, power engineering etc.), we can guarantee you will have never taken an engineering course like this one (unless you have taken one of our other courses!).
Multiple examples are given to show how heat exchangers work in the real world.
If you want even more value for your money, check out our Bundled Courses options!
Enjoy the course!
This is a non-video (NV) course. Please check for the associated video course if you prefer this method of learning.
- Introduction to Heat Exchangers
- Types of Heat Exchangers
- Shell and Tube
- Heat Exchanger Categories
- Comparison Of The Types Of Heat Exchangers
- Regenerative & Non-Regenerative
- Types of Heat Exchangers Summary
- Heat Exchanger Applications
- Applications Introduction
- Air Conditioner Evaporator and Condenser
- Large Steam System Condensers
- Air Ejectors
- Heat Exchanger Applications Summary
- Final Quiz
- How Shell and Tube Heat Exchangers Work
- How Plate Heat Exchangers (PHE) Work
- Offline Quiz Booklet
- Interactive 3D Models