In this course you will learn about the shell and tube, and plate type heat exchanger. You will learn about the design, components and categorisations of each common type of heat exchanger. You will also learn about the advantages and disadvantages of each heat exchanger.
By the end of the course you will be able to:
Identify the different types of common heat exchanger.
Know the pros and cons of each heat exchanger type.
Identify single and multi-pass heat exchanger types.
Identify regenerative and non-regenerative heat exchanger systems.
Identify cross, parallel and counter flow designs.
Know the terminology for both the shell and tube, and the plate type heat exchanger.
Know common reasons for heat exchanger failure and fouling.
The course is designed to take you from zero to hero concerning heat exchanger knowledge. Even if you already have some background engineering knowledge, this course will serve as an efficient refresher. Whatever your level of understanding, or engineering background (HVAC, chemical engineering, oil & gas industry, marine, power engineering etc.),
Four examples are given to show how heat exchangers work in the real world.
We use interactive 3D models throughout the course to aid understanding. Check out one of the sample videos to see the difference this makes when learning!
Check out some of the FREE preview videos below!
If you want even more value for your money, check out our Bundled Courses options!
Enjoy the course!
- Introduction FREE PREVIEW
- Types of Heat Exchanger FREE PREVIEW
- Shell and Tube FREE PREVIEW
- Parallel, Counter and Cross Flow
- Flow Type Comparison
- Single and Multi-Pass
- Single Pass
- Two Pass
- Regenerative and non-regenerative
- Types of Heat Exchangers Summary
- Heat Exchangers Example 1 - Automobile Radiator
- Heat Exchanger Example 2 - Two Stroke Engine
- Heat Exchanger Example 3 - Refrigeration Plant
- Heat Exchanger Example 4 - Solar Furnace
- Final Thoughts
- Final Quiz
- Plate Heat Exchanger Summary
- How Shell and Tube Heat Exchangers Work
- Offline Quiz Booklet
- Interactive 3D Models