Filters and strainers are used in almost all industrial processes. They are used in hydraulic systems, oil systems, cooling systems, liquid waste disposal, water purification and coolant systems (to name a few applications). But what is the difference between a filter and a strainer? When do engineers select strainers rather than filters, or vice versa? In this course, you will learn the answer to all of these questions and a lot more. You will learn:
- What defines a strainer and filter?
- Different designs of filter.
- Different designs of strainer.
- How to select a suitable strainer or filter.
- The advantages and disadvantages with filters and strainers.
And a lot more!
This course is ideal for anyone training or working in an industry where gases or liquids are conveyed within a system i.e. pretty much every process from household plumbing to large industrial plants.
Hope to see you on the course!
- Cartridge Filters
- Precoat Filters
- Back Washing Precoat Filters
- Deep-Bed Filters
- Metal-Edged Filters
- Basket Strainer
- Duplex Strainer
- Steam Strainer
- Back Washing
- Filters and Strainers Summary