Unless you are living 'off the grid', you are using electricity from an electrical system that uses a transformer. Power stations use electrical transformers to increase voltage. Sub-stations use electrical transformers to decrease voltage. Even your smartphone and laptop use transformers to charge their batteries. But what are transformers? How do they work? And why do we need them? This course will help you answer all of these questions and many more!
In this course, you will learn:
How electrical transformers work.
How to identify different types of electrical transformer.
The name and function of all of a transformer's main components.
How Buchholz relays work.
How silica gel breathers work.
The purpose of a conservator tank.
What ONAN means.
Why we need transformers in the electrical grid.
Where transformers are installed in the electrical grid.
And much more!
The course is designed to take you from zero to hero concerning electrical transformer knowledge. Even if you already have some electrical engineering knowledge, or work as an electrician, this course will serve as an efficient refresher.
Interactive 3D models are used extensively to show you exactly how a transformer and its components work.
The course is packed with 2D images, 2D animations and 3D animations and high quality written content. Written content has been read aloud so that you can 'learn on the go' without needing to watch the screen constantly.
Check out some of the FREE preview videos below!
If you want even more value for yourmoney, check out our Bundled Courses options!
Enjoy the course!
- Current Flowing In A Conductor
- Faraday`s Law Of Electromagnetic Induction
- Mutual Induction
- Basic Transformer Theory
- Magnetic Leakage
- Power and Power Loss FREE PREVIEW
- Transformer Operation Under No-load
- Turns ratio
- Voltage ratio
- Step-Up And Step-down Transformers
- The Grid
- Transformer Designs
- 3D Dry Type Transformer
- 3D Hermetic Liquid Immersed Transformer
- 3D Conservator Type Transformer
- Transformer Cooling Explained
- Load Tap Changer FREE PREVIEW
- No/Off Load Tap Changer
- General Transformer Maintenance
- Transformer Killers
- Final Thoughts
- Final Quiz
- Refresher Lesson: Transformer Components and Functions
- Why Are Transformers & Generators Rated In kVA And Not kW
- Offline Quiz Booklet
- Transformer Failure Modes Infographic
- Transformer Buchholz Relay Infographic
- Electrical Transformer Asset Health Checklist
- Transformer Health Assessment
- Transformer Components Infographic