Without exception, the reciprocating piston engine is the most influential machine ever invented by mankind. From its early beginnings as a steam engine, the piston engine has revolutionised the way we live, work and travel. This course will teach you about this truly amazing machine.
You will learn:
- How An Engine Works.
- How Two Stroke and Four Stroke Engines Work.
- The Difference Between Petrol/Gasoline and Diesel Engines.
- Engine Components (Piston Rings, Rocker Arms, Valves etc.).
- Engine Systems (Water, Oil, Air, Exhaust and Electrical).
- Engine Terminology (BDC, TDC, Firing Order etc.).
- How Engine Ancillaries Work (Turbocharger, Supercharger etc.).
- And a lot lot more!
The course is designed to take you from zero to hero concerning combustion engine knowledge. Even if you already have some background knowledge, this course will serve as an efficient refresher, whatever your level of understanding, or engineering background (HVAC, power engineering, oil and gas, chemical engineering, mechanical engineering etc.).
Interactive 3D models are used extensively to show you each individual engine component and how components work together to complete useful work.
The course is packed with images, 2D animations, interactive 3D models and 3D animations and high quality written content. Written content has been read aloud so that you can 'learn on the go' without needing to watch the screen constantly.
Check out some of the FREE preview videos below!
If you want even more value for your money, check out our Bundled Courses options!
Enjoy the course!
- Diesel Engines Introduction
- Comparison of Diesel and Petrol_Gasoline Engine
- Free Resources Note
- Major Diesel Engine Components FREE PREVIEW
- The Cylinder Block
- Crankcase and Oil Pan
- Cylinder Sleeve Or Bore
- Straight and V-Line
- Piston and Piston Rings
- Four and Two Stroke Lubrication Oil Systems
- Connecting Rod
- Crankshaft FREE PREVIEW
- White Metal Bearing
- Flywheel FREE PREVIEW
- Cylinder Head
- Intake and Exhaust Valves
- Timing Gears, Camshafts and Valve Mechanism
- Operational Terminology
- Spark Ignition and Compression Ignition
- Bore and Stroke
- Engine Displacement
- Degree of Crankshaft Rotation
- Firing Order
- Compression Ratio and Clearance Volume
- Fundamentals of the Diesel Cycle
- The Basic Diesel Cycles
- The Four Stroke Engine Cycle
- How Four Stroke Engines Work
- The Two Stroke Cycle
- How Two Stroke Engines Work FREE PREVIEW
- Final Thoughts
- Links to Interactive 3D Models