Without exception, the reciprocating piston engine is the most influential machine ever invented by mankind. From its early beginnings as a steam engine, the piston engine has revolutionised the way we live, work and travel. This course will teach you more about this truly amazing machine.
In this course, you will learn:
- Detailed two stroke and four stroke cycles.
- Detailed two and four stroke timing diagrams.
- Thermodynamic gas cycles (Otto, Diesel etc.).
- Maintenance strategies (breakdown, scheduled, predictive etc.)
- How an engine is started (starter circuit).
- Centrifugal and electrical-hydraulic governors.
- What indicator and compression diagrams are.
- Engine protection - how to protect using temperature, pressure, flow and level measurements.
- And a lot lot more!
The course is designed to build on the knowledge gained in the Diesel Engine Fundamentals course, although this course is also suitable to anyone who already has some diesel engine or automotive engineering background knowledge. As diesel generators are also used for rotating machinery such as sprinkler pumps and emergency generators, engineers working in HVAC, Power Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Electrical Engineering and other Mechanical Engineering related industries will find this course useful.
Written content has been read aloud so that you can 'learn on the go' without needing to watch the screen constantly.
Check out some of the FREE preview videos below!
If you want even more value for your money, check out our Bundled Courses options!
Enjoy the course!
- Four and Two Stroke Engine Introduction FREE PREVIEW
- Four Stroke Engine Cycle FREE PREVIEW
- Four Stroke Engine Timing Diagram FREE PREVIEW
- Four Stroke Engine Intake Stroke
- Four Stroke Engine Compression Stroke
- Four Stroke Engine Fuel Injection
- Four Stroke Engine Power Stroke
- Four Stroke Engine Exhaust Stroke
- Four Stroke Engine Cycle Summary
- Two Stroke Engine Cycle Revisited
- Two Stroke Engine Exhaust and Intake Strokes
- Two Stroke Engine Compression Stroke
- Two Stroke Engine Power Stroke
- Large Two Stroke Engine Timing Diagram
- Two Stroke Engine Cycle Summary
- Maintenance Strategies Introduction FREE PREVIEW
- Types of Maintenance Strategies FREE PREVIEW
- Reactive Maintenance
- Reactive Maintenance Pros and Cons
- Preventive Maintenance
- Preventive Maintenance Pros and Cons
- Predictive Maintenance
- Predictive Maintenance Pros and Cons
- Reliability Centred Maintenance
- Reliability Centred Maintenance Pros and Cons
- Maintenance Strategy In Action
- Thermodynamic Cycles Introduction FREE PREVIEW
- Pressure Temperature and Volume
- Amontons Law (Temperature and Pressure Linear Relationship) FREE PREVIEW
- Charles Law (Volume to Temperature Relationship)
- Pressure and Volume Diagram (PV Diagram)
- Diesel Gas Cycle
- Thermodynamic Cycles
- Power Cards
- Compression Diagrams
- Thermodynamic Cycles Summary
- Engine Protection Introduction FREE PREVIEW
- The Importance Of Engine Protection FREE PREVIEW
- Level Measurements
- Temperature Measurements
- Pressure Measurements
- Flow Measurements
- Overspeed Protection
- High Jacket Water Temperature
- Exhaust Gas Temperature
- Low Lubrication Oil Pressure
- High Crankcase Pressure FREE PREVIEW
- Engine Protection Final Thoughts
- Engine Protection Summary